Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Thursday, 9/28

Well, it's Dinky Eve. I am in a state of joy, panic, elation, fear. I think that's a pretty normal place to be for any new mother about to come home with their bundle of joy. As I left the NICU today Patty, one of the other mothers, said, "Just think, Jen, it's your last day leaving without a baby". That took me back to 2/9 when I left Robert Wood Johnson after having my c-section. That was one of the saddest days, leaving the hospital empty handed. I had watched enough "Baby Story" on Lifetime to know that I was supposed to be tucked into my wheelchair with a tightly swaddled pink and blue burrito. So things are different, we're spending tonight putting up IV poles and organizing g-tube supplies, but the sentiment is just as sweet. He's coming home.

I have had a lot of protests about ending the blog and that support means so much!! I do feel the need to have closure on this chapter of our lives, but I don't want to do so at the exclusion of you...our family, friends, colleagues, nurses, and even strangers who have been SUCH a vital part of this journey. So, I am creating a new blog that I will update not daily, but as often as I can. The address will be www.edisonathome.blogspot.com. I'll post on here again tomorrow to let you know that we're all home safe and sound!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Edison,

Congratulations from Virginia! I am so excited for you, Mommy and Daddy. During the summer I ran across your story when I was blogging one night. I have been reading about and praying for you ever since.
I wish you the best as you explore your new world.
I'll see you on your new blog!
Blessings,
Karen

9:16 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

The biggest smile in the world came over my face as I read the name for the new blog page ...edisonathome

It just doesn't get any better than that.

Love to you all and SAFE TRAVELS!!!!
"Aunt Sue"

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home