Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Tuesday, 9/27

Well, we made it through our first night together! Edison did better than we did. He literally slept from 9 pm until we finally woke him up at 7:30 am. He didn't wake up once. I think he was just in such a deep sleep without the usual lights, bells and whistles of the NICU environment. We, on the other hand, slept fitfully...at best. I think we were both nervous and then Edison is a noisy sleeper! Starting at about 4 am he starts working on his "morning constitutional" and let me tell you, it's quite a production. I finally snuck out at about 5 am to get reassurance from the nurse that this was normal. Martin said he sounded like a constipated Donald Duck! It was so funny.

So, we're getting ready for Thursday! Our equipment should arrive tomorrow and then we'll be all set. I can't believe it's really happening. We have prescriptions and everything! We'll have a nurse come visit on Saturday and then we'll see our pediatrician on Wednesday. Pinch me! If everything goes as planned Michelle will be our nurse on Thursday. It's only fitting she should discharge her "Stinky Dinky".

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!

I can't even believe that you are about to bring your GORGEOUS and ADORABLE little baby boy home! I am beyond happy for you and Martin.

I guess Edison slept so well last night because he knew he was in such good hands...

Much love,
Sue

5:21 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! THIS IS SO WONDERFUL! I have a huge smile on my face. I am so happy for you all.

Shan

9:51 AM  
Blogger Pa Mood said...

We can't wait to see Eddie in his own crib, in his own home... with his Mom and Dad...finally.

There are no adequate words for us to express our love and appreciation to all at CHOP and RWJ for making this homecoming possible. May there be happy homecomings for many other precious tiny souls. Bless you all for what you do.

J&M&D, we love you and can't wait to get there to be doting grandparents.

Pa

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw Edison on a CNN article about seeing your sibling for the first time. Heart breaking. I am thankful for place where I can be by myself for a bit.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home